Re: [exim] CSA - Do I want it?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] CSA - Do I want it?
Sunday 07 May 2006 17:02 David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 05:11 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
> > So the idea is that by publishing CSA information I'm telling the
> > world what servers are allowed to say helo using my domain?
>
> Yes. For any given hostname in your domain. Giving a blanket 'no' for
> the domain name alone is quite useful too.
>
> http://mipassoc.org/csv/csa-finch.html

My first reaction was "Yuck!". Looks like a really ugly hack to me,
overloading the SRV RR fields and all. SPF at least uses TXT RR's, which has
no particular semantics. On the other hand there won't be any collisions, as
smtp isn't an existing IP protocol. Any other thoughts?

--
Magnus Holmgren
holmgren@???