Re: [exim] Replacing header in acl

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Replacing header in acl
Hello Adrian,

Adrian, 04.05.2006 (d.m.y):

> I have the following ACL:
>   warn    message       = Subject: *****SPAM***** $h_Subject
>           condition     = ${if >{$acl_m0}{0}{1}{0}}
>           condition     = ${if <{$message_size}{80k}{1}{0}}
>           spam          = nobody
>           condition     = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{$acl_m0}{1}{0}}

> It works fine, but it adds the new subject instead of overwriting it.
> My MUA displays it correctly, but some other clients seem to check the
> first subject in the mail when applying which does not contain the
> SPAM marker.
> Is there a way to make exim replace the subject instead of just adding
> it?

You can do that using a system filter like this:

# Exim System Filter File
#
### Tag Subject line of recognized Spam Mails:
#
if "${if def:header_X-New-Subject: {there}}" is there
then
headers remove subject
headers add "Subject: $h_X-New-Subject:"
headers remove X-New-Subject
endif

In addition, your smtp_data ACL needs to create the new subject
header - for example using the following line:

warn message = X-New-Subject: {SPAM?} $h_subject:

AFAIR I found this procedure listed in the exiscan-acl docs, so I
would recommend to give them a look.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Leute, die mit ihrer Unzufriedenheit zufrieden sind, nennt man
Nörgler.