Re: [exim] A proper way to authenticate users against login?…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] A proper way to authenticate users against login?names/passwords
Timo Neuvonen <timo-news@???> wrote:
[...]
> So, I'm checking user names against regular user login names and passwords,
> not from a separate database.

[...]
> I'm using Exim 4.60.

> How are you others doing this?

I am not using system passwords, I want to use CRAM-MD5, which
cannot work with /etc/shadow anyway.

You could directly use saslauthd
# plain_saslauthd_server:
# driver = plaintext
# public_name = PLAIN
# server_condition = ${if saslauthd{{$2}{$3}}{1}{0}}
# server_set_id = $2
# server_prompts = :
# server_advertise_condition = ${if eq{$tls_cipher}{}{}{*}}

or let it be invoked from SASL
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060417/msg00208.html

Another possibility would be to use pam_exim.
cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute