Re: [exim] Using different spool directories: impossible?

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using different spool directories: impossible?
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Stanier, Alan M wrote:
>> I would like to use a different spool directory for mail to local
>> domains and mail to external domains.
>
> What do you propose to do with a message that has recipients in both
> local and external domains?

Route them independently.

I'm using something like this here to separate mails to ETRN capable
domains on our backup MX. The listening daemon has an accept router that
calls the "etrnqueue" transport for +etrn_domains:

etrnqueue:
  driver = pipe
  use_bsmtp = yes
  user = exim
  group = exim
  batch_max = 100
  command = /path/to/exim -C /path/to/etrn.conf \
            -DETRN_DOMAIN=${domain} -bS -oMr etrnqueue

And in /etc/exim4/etrn.conf I use ETRN_DOMAIN to build a different spool
directory for each domain. Should easily adapt to your setup, Alan. The
messages will still pass (quickly) through the "main" queue, though.

lg,
daniel