Re: [exim] emails going down under

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: John Clement
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] emails going down under
On 2006-04-26 at 16:11 +0100, John Clement wrote:
> How do I go about tracing where his emails are going? At the last place
> I worked if I typed 'exim -bt name@???' it would check through
> the aliases until it found where the mail actually gets delivered to,
> here though it seems that as long as the domain is valid and one of our
> local domains it just says its deliverable:
>

> [root@warfield johnc]# /usr/exim/bin/exim -bt jc@???
> jc@???
>    router = spamcheck_router, transport = spamcheck

Looks as though the set-up routes mail to a spam-checking service, which
probably then resubmits the mail with a specific Received Protocol
value, to bypass the check.

How about if you specify "exim -oMr spam-scanned -bt jc@???"?

Changing "spam-scanned" to whichever Received Protocol is actually used
to bypass the spamcheck Router in the configuration?

Regards,
-Phil