Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> directory = ${lookup mysql{SELECT maildir ...}}
> subdirectoy = ${if def:h_X-Spam:{/.Junk}{}}
>
> Still clumsy, though.

Yes, and it would mean you couldn't lookup the whole name (directory
plus subdirectory) from a database or file. I think that's too
restrictive.

> OTOH something like
> subfolder_delivery_regex = ^/somewhere/.*/.*/\.
> would always work, I think.

If you know the number of directory levels, then indeed it is easy to
write the appropriate regex, so I think this is perhaps the right way to
go. I'm not quite sure what to call the option: perhaps something like
maildirfolder_create_regex would be more explicit. It certainly needs to
include "maildir" because it wouldn't apply to other delivery types. So
a (better) pattern for you would be

maildirfolder_create_regex = ^/somewhere/[^/]+/[^/]+/\.

I'll go ahead with that; hopefully regular expressions are flexible
enough to cope with any requirements that people may come up with.