Re: [exim] Failed to get write lock for /var/spool/exim4/db/…

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
CC: 360696-submitter
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Failed to get write lock for /var/spool/exim4/db/retry.lockfile: timed out
On 2006-04-25 Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Andreas Metzler wrote:

[...]

>>> which suggests two tries for the same message, one minute apart. How
>>> often was the OP starting queue runners?

>> <the usual -q30m>

> Hmm. So why are there those two messages, I wonder?

Perhaps this is related to mailscanner?

>> Note that I get those for mails that are not stuck

> They should just be getting read locks (and the message is wrong, as per
> the bug I found), but why are they failing? I guess the next question is
> what DBM library is in use?

BerkeleyDB v4.2

[...]
> Does the OP have any kind of tool for looking at open files to see what
> process is using them? For example, fuser? The output of

> fuser /var/spool/exim4/db/retry.lockfile

> might be helpful.

He probably has fuser, if not
apt-get install psmisc
will solve that problem.
        cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute