Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?
--On 25 April 2006 15:23:28 +0100 Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>
>> It is offensive. Maybe not to you, but certainly to many.
>
> Folks,
>
> Let's not start discussing what is or is not offensive here. There was a
> burst of that when Jerry Springer The Opera was recently performed here
> in Cambridge, and it is totally unproductive (the discussion, I mean)
> because offense is such a personal matter.

I tend to agree, which is why I'm not talking about what I find offensive,
but about what might cause offense. I'd love to see Jerry Springer the
Opera, but not on this list.

Some people have said that this list is relatively civilised, and I agree.
I think part of the reason for that is that people are prepared to take
time out to discuss this issues.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex