Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?

Author: Yann Golanski
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?
Just to add some oil on the fire... cause you know, it's funny...

If someone does not agree with something they do either of two things:
whine about it or do something about it. Here's an idea for those
who'd rather do something. Why not create a reply that could be send
instead of RTFM? Something along the lines of:

-----------
I feel that your question is answered in the FAQ and/or the
documentation. Therefore, I would suggest you follows the next four
steps:
1. Check Exim's log on your system.
2. Run Exim in debug mode.
3. Check the FAQ.
4. Check the documentation.
IF none of those steps helped matters, then please send your question
to the list along with Exim debug output and relevant sections of log
files.

Not following those steps will just lead you to getting more copies of
this email and is wasting the time of regular list members.

Thank you.
-----------

Personally, I feel insulted when someone asks me for help and has not
bothered even looking at the logs or trying a few things themselves.
To me, those are the rude people not those who tell them to read the
manual.

Now, could someone please call me a Hitler and a Nazi so we can drop
this conversation?

Please?...

Go on...

You want to....

*grins evilly*

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318