Re: [exim] Additional folders when using maildir format

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Additional folders when using maildir format
Javier Calahorra Novillo wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We´ve configured Exim + Virtual Users in LDAP + Maildir
> format, so, we´re using options in our appendfile transport
> like create_directory and directory_mode, to allow users
> mailboxes to be created when receiving mail if they don´t
> exist before. Everything works ok, but now we need to create
> one folder more (backup) in addition to the standard related
> to the maildir format (new, cur, tmp...). This is easy to do
> by using the maildirmake command but... do you know if it is
> possible that exim performed this task automatically, I mean,
> during the creation of the user mailbox? I´ve checked the
> documentation but I haven´t found anything... Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance!!!
>
> Regards,
>
> **************************************** Javier Calahorra
> Novillo

Yes, it can do so.

This one creates a '.Suspect' folder for IMAP users who want
marginal spam sequestered. Put your own top-level directory
where I have <mailroot>:

(as my MUA munges the line-wraps, I've set-off the key line.)

quarantine_delivery:
driver = appendfile
user = exim
group = mail
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
maildir_format = true
mode = 0770

directory = <mailroot>/${domain}/${local_part}/Maildir/.Suspect/

create_directory = true
directory_mode = 0770
no_mode_fail_narrower

HTH,