Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?

Autor: Paul Johnson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?
On Saturday 22 April 2006 08:47, Jason Meers wrote:

> The documentation for Exim is fantastic, absolutely NO DOUBT about that,
> but how many of you can take in every part of the 452 page specification
> and understand every part of it.

On the other hand, that's what Google is for. I have rarely needed to ask a
question on this list because the documentation *is* excellent, and all you
need is Google to search it. Unless you're in China, the documentation is
very searchable.

> I am having to defend my right to use open source software at work
> because a well known worldwide consultancy has highlighted to my
> management that the "support" and "community" I am so fond of are
> sometimes more abusive than supportive (this list was mentioned). Hence
> using open source presents too much of a risk to the business and should
> be replaced ASAP.

Sounds like your employer needs to be replaced for believing some windbag
trying to sell him something.

> If your child had been humiliated at school for asking a teacher a
> question that had already been covered in a text book you wouldn't
> accept it, why here?

In the US, teachers make fun of and belittle students constantly. It's
epidemic and not isolated. It drives students to the point of violent,
firearm assisted rampages.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and IM (XMPP & Google Talk): baloo@???