[exim] HELP I get an all MX records point to non-existent ho…

Autor: Tony Heal
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] HELP I get an all MX records point to non-existent hosts
I am trying to set up a mail server to only send emails. This is a remote
clients site. The server is debian sarge with exim4 v 4.50-8

When I run dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and select smarthost I am able to
send mail to the clients domain only. If I select internet I am able to send
mail to outside the clients domain only.

With internet selected I get an error stating that all relevant MX records
point to non-existent hosts' Their email is working fine and there are no
problems with the MX records for their domain.

I have tried to reconfigure exim4 with other settings, including changing
mailname to other than their domain, changing hosts to remove their domain
for the servername, changing hosts to add the hostname/ip address of their
mail server and several other things that made no real difference.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get exim4 to simply send out emails, I
have no use in receiving email at this server for any reason. The emails it
sends out are for notifications of things that have occurred on this server
alone.

PLEASE HELP!!

Tony Heal
Pace Systems Group, Inc.