Re: [exim] Adding headers for mail tap

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
CC: Magnus Holmgren
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding headers for mail tap
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, I wrote:

> But I wasn't thinking straight. Doing that would lose the recipient
> addresses (by dropping duplicates). However, I've thought of what the
> right way to do this is. Use the same router you are using now, but
> route the messages to a special appendfile transport that has
> batch_max=100 (or some other large number). That should then handle many
> addresses at once and create only one copy of the message, with all
> recipients in a header (or you can use BSMTP).
>
> I have NOT tested this (I'm at home, it's a holiday), and it might not
> work at the moment (though I know it does work for pipes). But if it
> doesn't work, it is perhaps something that should be made to work.

It didn't work. Batch deliveries to files (and pipes) only worked when
the file or pipe command was specified on the transport, not in a
redirect router.

However, the good news is that I decided this was anomalous, so I have
made it work, at least in the straightforward cases I have tested. The
code is committed to the CVS so will be in tonight's snapshot.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.