Re: [exim] Exim won't scan over 8122 bytes

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim won't scan over 8122 bytes
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 04:45:39PM -0700, George said:
> Hello List:
>
> I'm running Exim 4.61 with SA 3.1.1 on OS X
>
> It seems like Exim won't scan anything if the mail is over 8122
> bytes. First I thought it was encoding or something, but shortening
> the message to around less than 8KB scans correctly.
>
> This problem is following me since version 4.51. The first version
> that Exiscan was integrated (4.50) is working perfectly, but from
> 4.51 on there were some changes made by Tom to the scan function that
> causes this issue. When I take scan.c from 4.50 and move it to 4.61
> to build Exim anew, everything is working, but I would love to have
> the changes that are made after 4.50 as well. I don't want to get
> stuck at 4.50. I want to use rate limiting which came after that.

That's odd - what version of spamassassin are you running? I seem to
remember that the change in exim was coincident with changes in other
scanners, and they all needed an upgrade together.
|  Stephen Gran                  |  "I thought you were trying to get into |
|  steve@???             | shape."  "I am. The shape I've selected |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | is a triangle."                         |