Re: [exim] adding a header at the top

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] adding a header at the top
On 4/19/06 11:37 AM, "grover mitchell" <baguagrover@???> wrote:

> I have a question regarding headers_add. If I use this to add a header to an
> email, the header appears at the bottom. I was wondering if there is a way
> to add a header at the top of an email instead. If so, can this be easily
> done?

Not, by my reading of 43.16 of the manual, with headers_add. However, RTFM
39.19 which discusses adding header lines using the ACL warn verb.

In part:

By default, new lines are added at the end of the existing header lines.
However, you can specify that any particular header line should be added
right at the start (before all the Received: lines), immediately after the
first block of Received: lines, or immediately before any line that is not a

This is done by specifying ³:at_start:², ³:after_received:², or
³:at_start_rfc:² (or, for completeness, ³:at_end:²) before the text of the
header line, respectively.

Above is from the Exim 4.50 manual, which is what I have most readily at
hand. OK, now I have the 4.61 manual readily at hand. It says essentially
the same thing (it seems to have been rewritten), and in the part about
adding headers with the warn verb adds

Warning: This facility currently applies only to header lines that are added
in an ACL. It does NOT work for header lines that are added in a system
filter or in a router or transport.

--John