Re: [exim] message-size condition doesn't work

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] message-size condition doesn't work
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> > >deny message = This message was classified as SPAM
> > >     condition = ${if < {$message_size}{10K}}
> > >     spam = nobody

> > In which ACL have you put those statements?
>
> in acl_check_data as in the default exim configuration. I don't have a second
> spam-rule, but I'm accessing the $spam_* variables later in transports. Is it
> possible that exim automatically triggers a spamcheck if I'm accessing these
> variables and a spamcheck wasn't running already?

No, Exim isn't that clever. I think you will have to run a test message
through Exim with -d set in order to get debugging output. That should
show what is going on. If you use -d+expand it will show the expansion
details. You can use

exim -bs -d+expand 2>/tmp/somefile </tmp/testfile

to submit an SMTP message without having to run the daemon in debugging
mode. The test message must contain SMTP commands, of course.