Re: [exim] lock file

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
New-Topics: [exim] spam_score_int signed or unsigned?
Subject: Re: [exim] lock file
Alex wrote:

> Now i have exim 4.60+ dovecot+sqlite3

Exim 4.61_+, Dovecot, PostgreSQL here.

> The doubts are:
>
> work with virtual users or no.

You now have the tools to work more easily with virtual than
shell... *especially* if you need to support multiple domains.

That said, so long as it has router/transport sets for them,
Exim will also handle 'all of the above ' - shell and system
alias 'users', as generally needed for 'all-hosted-domain'
postmaster(s), etc.

> With real users the filesytem quotas I think is better.

Less new work, perhaps.

But there are examples available of building quota checks into
Exim that do not require or use fs quotas. Not all servers have
quota support installed anyway. Even so, it may be safer/easier
to grant rights to set/alter same via a DB than via shell.

> the users have
> a bad shell and don't have a password,

ACK. Or so they begin life .. You may also want to install
chkrootkit and rkhunter and chron them.

> the password is stored in a
> sqlite file for mail, pop, imap lookups

ACK.

> work wiht maildir or mbox

ACK. We select which and where on a per-user basis within our DB.

*trimmed*

Looks like you are making progress.... ;-)

Bill