Re: [exim] Adding headers for mail tap

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
CC: Magnus Holmgren
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Adding headers for mail tap
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, I wrote:

> Yet another solution would be an option for the redirect router to say "do
> apply de-duplication to direct deliveries to files".

But I wasn't thinking straight. Doing that would lose the recipient
addresses (by dropping duplicates). However, I've thought of what the
right way to do this is. Use the same router you are using now, but
route the messages to a special appendfile transport that has
batch_max=100 (or some other large number). That should then handle many
addresses at once and create only one copy of the message, with all
recipients in a header (or you can use BSMTP).

I have NOT tested this (I'm at home, it's a holiday), and it might not
work at the moment (though I know it does work for pipes). But if it
doesn't work, it is perhaps something that should be made to work.