[exim] Lookups with host and address lists

Autor: Christian Gregoire
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Lookups with host and address lists
Hello,

I have a host and an address lists, used in ACLs but they don't seem to work the same way.

Content of the black_hosts file :
192.168.1.15

Content of the black_hosts file :
john@???

Here is an extract of my configure file :

# ==================================================
acl_smtp_connect = acl_check_connect
acl_smtp_rcpt    = acl_check_rcpt

hostlist    black_hosts = dbm;/usr/local/exim/conf/black_hosts.db
addresslist access      = dbm;/usr/local/exim/conf/access.db

begin acl

acl_check_connect:
  drop  hosts   = +black_hosts
        message = Sorry, your IP address is black listed. Goodbye ...

accept

acl_check_rcpt:
accept recipients = +access

deny message = User unknown

That way, a connection from IP 192.168.1.15 won't be dropped. Whereas, if I change it to :

hostlist    black_hosts = /usr/local/exim/conf/black_hosts

it will work. Though, the address list access works as I except, with or without the DBM lookup.

Any idea ? I guess I shouldn't be using lookups since there's no reason for that but though, I can't understand that behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

Christian