Re: [exim] Adding headers for mail tap

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Adding headers for mail tap
Philip Hazel wrote:

> Well, it could, but I don't see how it could work. Many of the
> "more-familiar router contructs" would not be possible. Consider
>
> local_parts = ...
> domains = ...
>
> for example. With more than one recipient, they can't work. The whole
> ethos of a router is that it works on one address, so I'm kind of
> confused as to exactly what kind of thing you want.

Well, the particular example I'd like to use this on is:

spam_quarantine:
debug_print = "R: spam_quarantine for $local_part@$domain"
driver = redirect
verify = false
condition = $ACL_MSG_QUARANTINE
user = msherman
group = msherman
data = /home/msherman/Maildir/.Spam.Quarantine/
directory_transport = local_maildir_read

This router moves all questionable spam (that doesn't score high enough
to have been rejected at SMTP time) for the server to a maildir within
my home directory. ACL_MSG_QUARANTINE is just a macro defined as
"acl_m8". That variable is set by the DATA ACL.

This router runs once for each recipient, so the quarantine folder gets
a separate copy for each RCPT address. If this were a "system-filter
router" like I propose, is would only operate once for the message. I
know I could solve that by replacing the router with a system filter,
but I find the annoyance of multiple copies in the quarantine folder is
smaller than would be the annoyance of using 2 different languages to
maintain my exim config.

- Marc