Re: [exim] Adding headers for mail tap

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding headers for mail tap
Michael Boelen wrote:

> This splitting is not the problem, by using 2 different routers (+unseen
> keyword). This allows me also to put "headers_add" to the responsable
> transports. However, I need to add the "MAIL FROM" command and the "RCPT TO"
> commands (from the mail conversation) to the headers. If there are more
> "RCPT TO" commands given, they should be all added on a seperate line to the
> headers.

If you use an unseen router for the "tapping", you'll get a separate
copy for each RCPT address. If you instead use a system filter, you'll
only get one copy of each incoming message.

You can record all the recipients of the message using $recipients. If
you must record each recipient in a separate header, then you can
probably figure something out using something like:
${sg{$recipients}{,}{\N\nX-SMTP-RCPT-TO:\N}}

Philip, I've long wished for something that behaved like a router, but
was applied like a system filter -- once per message, before the routers
are run on the individual recipients. Basically, so we can implement
system filter type tasks using the more-familiar router constructs in
the config file. Could that go on the wishlist?

- Marc