Re: [exim] message size

Author: Casey Allen Shobe
To: exim-users
CC: Diego Angelini
Subject: Re: [exim] message size
On Thursday 02 March 2006 09:02, John W. Baxter wrote:
> I suspect the way to do this cleanly would be to have a separate MX address
> for those domains which want extra large messages, and arrange to advertise
> a different size limit when the connection comes on that alternate address.
>
> Since the message_size_limit is an expanded string, it then becomes easy to
> adjust it based on the address that was connected to.

Was just thinking about this recently, and came across this thread. Something
like this should do it with a database lookup:

message_size_limit = ${lookup pgsql{select "message_size_limit"
from "client_mx_settings" where "primary_mx_ip" = '${quote_pgsql:
$interface_address}'} {$value} {}}

...and very similar for the secondary. Similar works for tls_advertise_hosts
as well if you have some domains wanting to use an SSL certificate.
Cheers,
--
Casey Allen Shobe | cshobe@??? | 206-381-2800
SeattleServer.com, Inc. | http://www.seattleserver.com