Re: [exim] Question for old-timers: mailbox sorting

Author: L. Jason Godsey
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Question for old-timers: mailbox sorting

I used hostmaster+customerID@??? for my registrations with NSI
1995-96 and if I recall, NSF Net prior to 95. I'm not sure if I can
find any old messages, but I can certainly give an afidavit to that
fact.

Sendmail didn't have straight forward virtual users at that point, and
I didn't want to create additional unix accounts to store
registration/payment emails related to each customers domains.

This way, if Jason Godsey customer ID 1 had 10 domains, they'd each be
accessed in Pine via the hostmaster account, in ~/mail/0001.

The email address I'd provide on registration emails was
hostmaster+0001@???