[exim] Re: [exim-dev] Dropping all hosts with ignore_target_…

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: 361919-done
CC: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: [exim-dev] Dropping all hosts with ignore_target_hosts results in "host lookup did not complete"
Version: 4.61-1

Tuesday 11 April 2006 11:31 Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> Please have a look at
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=361919, which appears to
> be caused by the "DNS additional section" fix. Compiling 4.60-4 without
> 37_upstream_patch_342619.dpatch ("approved by Philip") indeed solved this
> problem.
>
> (In short, when ignore_target_hosts causes all looked-up hosts to be
> discarded, the router does not decline but routing is deferred.)

Upon closer inspection I discovered that the patch deleted one line too many:

-/* Set the default yield to failure */
-
-yield = HOST_FIND_FAILED;    <-- This line is not reinstated
-
-/* If we haven't found all the addresses in the additional section, we

The missing line is present in upstream 4.61 sources. Whether this means
Philip is innocent or not is not up to me to decide. :-) But it's apparently
already fixed.

--
Magnus Holmgren