[exim] Load Reduction Trick

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Load Reduction Trick
Working on load reduction tricks and increased spam rejection. It's sort
of a greylisting trick for TLDs that tend to be mostly all spam. The
idea being that the initial defer will get rid of a lot of spam that
never retries after one defer where real email will retry and succeed. I
have twt servers but this trick could be done on one server with 2 IP
addresses. The idea is to apply the following to only the lowest MX
record but accept the message on the higher MX. I thonk 90%+ of the spam
never retries and therefore doesn't go through Spamassassin and reduces
system load.

defer    log_message = DEFER - High Spam TLDs are accepted on the second
MX server - junkemailfilter.com
        hosts = *.kr : *.cn : *.br : *.it : *.ru : *.pl : *.cl : *.ne : *.mx

I have yet another trick where I have a third highest MX record and that
IP returns DEFER on everything. That's for those spammers who try the
highest MX first and then never retry. That saves me having to process
about 120,000 spams a day.

So - any reason the first trick won't work? Thoughts?