Re: [exim] Pipe delivery Problems with exim and spamc

Autor: Stanislaw Halik
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Pipe delivery Problems with exim and spamc
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006, christian meutes wrote:
> i have a problem with my exim/spamassassin setup. It seems that exim isnt
> defering mails when there arises a problem with the spamc<->spamd pipe
> delivery.

[...]
> I believe that exim doesnt defer the mails instead it forward them to the
> next router.

well, it's not exim, actually. spamc(1) states:

 -x  Disables the 'safe fallback' error-recovery method, which passes
     through the unaltered message if an error occurs.  Instead, exit
     with an error code, and let the MTA queue up the mails for a retry
     later.  See also "EXIT CODES".

-- sh