Re: [exim] Where to rate limit appropriately to keep system …

Autor: Casey Allen Shobe
A: exim-users
CC: Tony Finch
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Where to rate limit appropriately to keep system load undercontrol
On Friday 07 April 2006 10:34, Tony Finch wrote:
> You probably want to set your queue_only_load to be quite low, to stop
> exim trying immediate deliveries when the machine is busy.

I will try that later, I'd forgot about queue_only_load...would it still be a
good idea to do rate limiting as well?

> Disk load. Exim is not particularly heavily optimised in this area. Try
> no_message_logs, split_spool_directory and also putting spool/exim/db on a
> ram disk and putting Exim's logs on a different disk from its spool.

I don't think split_spool_directory will help with my filesystem (JFS). The
machine has only one disk and cannot have more even if money were no object,
and a ram disk is completely out of the question. I will try no_message_logs
but I really do like having them turned on, at least on the msa but turning
them off on b.www might be okay if it yields significant performance gain...

qmail handled the same volume with no load at all... :/

Cheers,
--
Casey Allen Shobe | cshobe@??? | 206-381-2800
SeattleServer.com, Inc. | http://www.seattleserver.com