Re: [exim] Relaying coming from port 2525

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Relaying coming from port 2525
Markus Mayer wrote:

> I have Exim listen on Port 25 and redirect port 2525 to port 25 as
> well.

How do you "redirect" port 2525 to 25? With a firewall rule?
You can use Exim's daemon_smtp_ports option to make it listen on more
than one port.

> The problem now is that I always get "Relaying denied" when I am
> connected to Exim via port 2525 whereas it works just as expected when
> using port 25 (connecting to Exim from the same system in both cases).
> It looks like Exim outright denies relaying whenever the source-port of
> a connection is not 25, regardless of whether the IP address is listed
> in relay_from_hosts or not.

There's nothing fundamental in Exim that does this. What version of Exim
do you have? Assuming v4, check your ACLs. Post your config somewhere if
you're still having trouble. The command "exim -bh X.X.X.X" where
X.X.X.X is the source IP (possibly in conjunction with the -oMi option)
can be handy here. See the docs for more details.

My best guess is that the source IP is getting translated by whatever
means you're using to "redirect" the port along the way.

Tim