[exim] Relaying coming from port 2525

Author: Markus Mayer
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Relaying coming from port 2525
Hi,

For a limited period of time I would need the following functionality:
I have Exim listen on Port 25 and redirect port 2525 to port 25 as
well. So it is possible to connect to the same Exim process via either
port.

I want to enable limited relaying on this host based on IP addresses.
The problem now is that I always get "Relaying denied" when I am
connected to Exim via port 2525 whereas it works just as expected when
using port 25 (connecting to Exim from the same system in both cases).

It looks like Exim outright denies relaying whenever the source-port of
a connection is not 25, regardless of whether the IP address is listed
in relay_from_hosts or not.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Markus