Re: [exim] Negation not allowed with "acl"?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dean Brooks, Marc Haber, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Negation not allowed with "acl"?
Various people wrote:

> 2006-04-04 11:42:25 Exim configuration error in line 590 of /usr/local/exim/config: error in ACL: ACL error: negation is not allowed with "acl"

> Unfortunately, exim 4.61 has also broken Debian's default
> configuration,

I'm sure there's a PhD in human behaviour from studying people's
reactions to software releases. I put out 4.61-RC1 on March 20; a couple
of minor reactions came in, but nothing serious. But as soon as I put
out something without -RC1, people find the major bug within an hour...

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Tony Finch wrote:

> This is a bug in the implementation of the new add_header feature - some
> of the tables are not in alphabetical order. Oops! I have committed a fix.

Thanks, Tony. I saw the reports just as I was about to go home last
night. I figured that if I did nothing, somebody would have sorted out
the patch by this morning. :-)

I'm not going to rush out 4.62, but I will try not to wait too long
before doing so. (I suspect that, apart from Debian, who have already
fixed the problem, not many people actually use !acl=...).