Re: [exim] aliases and transport help

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dermot Paikkos
To: exim-users
CC: dot
Betreff: Re: [exim] aliases and transport help
On 4 Apr 2006 at 22:09, Tony Finch wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Dermot Paikkos wrote:
> >
> > So my aliases router returns an address without the server part
> > (fine) and then sends it off to the primary MX to resolve.
> >
> > What I had hoped for was for it to return joe and use $home (or
> > similar) for the maildrop.
>
> The usual setup is to do the mapping from local user to mailbox file
> name with a localuser router. This is all included in the default
> configuration file, which should be suitable for you with minimal
> changes given your choice of setup. See
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch07.html#id2540
> 220

What I don't seem to be able to do with my default config is create
mapping between the local user joe and the email address
joe.bloggs@???. I am using myserver.mydomain.com as
the primary MX for the domain is on-line and I expect this notation
will be considered local.

The only way I have managed to get this to work is to have an aliases
file which looks like

joe.bloggs:             joe@???
joe:                       joe@???

But the sequence used my the routers seems overly long.
1) dnsrouter = skipped, domains mismatch
2) system_aliases yields joe@???
3) dnsrouter = skipped, domains mismatch
4) system_aliases skipped: previously routed
joe@???
5) userforward skipped no .forward file.
6) localuser router, transport local_delivery

I can live with this aliases file format but it doesn't look right
and I think there an extra dnsrouter being used.

Does it seem right?