Re: [exim] retry timeout exceeded

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jason Keltz
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users @ exim. org
Betreff: Re: [exim] retry timeout exceeded
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> Jason Keltz wrote:
>> How can retry timeout be exceeded?
>>
>> Exim replied to the original sender with a message

>> Why didn't exim try again later?
>
> Check your Retry Configuration.

Hi Jeremy.

I did check the retry configuration, but forgot to mention that. It's
just the default one... (I think)... exim certainly doesn't seem to
be following this rule .... or am I misunderstanding this rule?

begin retry

# This single retry rule applies to all domains and all errors. It specifies
# retries every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then increasing retry intervals,
# starting at 1 hour and increasing each time by a factor of 1.5, up to 16
# hours, then retries every 6 hours until 4 days have passed since the first
# failed delivery.

# Address or Domain    Error       Retries

*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

jas.