[exim] help to enable smtp authentication with cyrus-sasl

Author: SODATONOU Dodji Comlan
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] help to enable smtp authentication with cyrus-sasl
hi

In order to enable smtp authentification via cyrus-sasl we have compile
exim-4.60 with this specifications

AUTH_CYRUS_SASL=yes
AUTH_CRAM_MD5=yes
AUTH_LIBS= -lsasl2
CYRUS_SASLAUTHD_SOCKET= /var/state/saslauthd/mux

After our install, we add the following line to exim configure file in order
to enable cyrus-sasl authentication
sasl:
driver = cyrus_sasl
public_name = CRAM-MD5
server_set_id = $1

After all this , we start exim in verbose mode and send email via
Thunderbird wich ask to have a password after sending message, but when we
give the password , our exim server send us the following log message

10210 LOG: MAIN

10210 exim 4.60 daemon started: pid=10210, no queue runs, listening for SMTP
on port 25

10211 LOG: REJECT

10211 sasl authenticator (CRAM-MD5):

10211 Cyrus SASL permanent failure: user not found

10211 LOG: MAIN REJECT

10211 sasl authenticator failed for ([62.56.186.211]) [62.56.186.211]: 535
Incorrect authentication data

Any help in order to resolve this problem will be appreciated

--sam