Re: [exim] File Access Error - Stumped

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] File Access Error - Stumped
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Trying to figure out what's causung this error:
>
> 2006-04-02 19:16:14 1FQEc2-0008MU-AJ == marc@???
> R=virtual_userforward defer (-1): bad mode (0100777) for
> /etc/exim/control/domains/perkel.com/users/marc/filter.txt: 022 bit(s)
> unexpected
>
> Here's the router that's causing it. Thanks in advance.

IMO, 'discovering' it, not causing it.

Looks as if Exim isn't happy with overly-lenient or mis-matched
perms?

022 being the common mask for a shell user, I'd try setting the
perms temporarily to the corresponding '755' and see if the
problem goes away.

Not enough info for me to see the need for sticky bits and such
here, but we don't even permit php on box, so YMMV.

HTH,

Bill