Re: [exim] Relay just from my laptop

Autor: Jean-Louis Leroy
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Relay just from my laptop
> Now I'd like to authenticate against courier's authdaemon using this:
> [...]
> ...but I get this error: 31584 expansion failed: failed to connect to
> socket /var/run/courier/authdaemon/socket: Permission denied. The
> permissions on the socket are:
>
> # ll /var/run/courier/authdaemon/socket
> srwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2006-03-24 08:35 /var/run/courier/authdaemon/socket

Ok I figured it out. The /var/run/courier/authdaemon was accessible
only by user & group daemon. I added the exim user to the daemon group
and now it works.

During these tests I have run exim in foreground (exim4 -d -bd) and I
have observed a long delay in the smtp transaction between the moment
when exim says "doing ident callback" and when things start to move
again. Is this normal? My exim4.conf is still available at
http://www.europerl.be/downloads/exim4.conf.
--
Jean-Louis Leroy
Sound Object Logic