Re: [exim] Using a mysql query in a domainlist in retry sect…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Eli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using a mysql query in a domainlist in retry section
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Eli wrote:

> Now from what I can tell from using -brt with -d to see what Exim is doing,
> if I have a retry rule like so:
>
> *@+domain_virtual * F,3h,5m; F,12h,15m; F,1d,1h; F,7d,3h
>
> When Exim goes to expand +domain_virtual, there's no value in $domain

The WishList contains this item:

(346) 20-Oct-05 S Set $domain and $local_part in retry matching

Currently, these variables are unset. Make it like rewrite matching.

It has not been implemented; I seem to recall taking a quick look and
finding it to be less trivial than it appears, but I cannot remember
why. Ah, now that I think for a bit, it might be because there's a
double lookup for certain kinds of error. It tries with the host name,
and then it tries with the email address domain name (this is documented
somewhere).

*Rewrite* rules (as opposed to retry rules) also match address list
items, and they set $1 and $2 to wild parts. This doesn't happen for
retry rules. I don't know why. It might be an accident; it might be
deliberate.

I am afraid that the 4.61 release is already in "release candidate"
testing state, so it's too late to look at this again just at the
moment.