Re: [exim] Hijacked "www" user for sending out spam

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: list1
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Hijacked "www" user for sending out spam
>"list1" schrieb:
>
>... ...
>
>> How can
>> you make a call to a server that leaves no trace anywhere other than exim
>> log (below).
>
>It may be that someone was able to break into your server using an
>unsafe (PHP) script, but not (yet) able to gain root access - he would
>then have to act as user www. But if that would be the case, he
>probably wouldn't send out spam via your exim but rather start his own
>software on your machine ...

Just a follow-up note to "Hijacked "www" user": I have prepended every php
request to see how mail() is being used and it looks like SquirrelMail was
the way in. Below is the info that my added code captured. Since the user
agent is "empty", I figure these attempts were through telnet. Thanks for
all responses.

"
Stopped possible mail-injection @ www.dnsbureau.com by 66.28.32.44
(27/03/2006 13:53:04)

*** IP/HOST
66.28.32.44

*** USER AGENT
empty

*** REFERER
http://www.dnsbureau.com/

*** REQUEST URI
/webmail/src/redirect.php

*** REQUEST METHOD
POST

you
(anti-spam-content-type:) multipart/alternative;
boundary=5a8d85989bb222c230d4e6c8d4910726
(anti-spam-mime-version:) 1.0
Subject: us hou canst accomplish and thou
(anti-spam-bcc:) jmpatton2OOO@???

--5a8d85989bb222c230d4e6c8d4910726
(anti-spam-content-type:) text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
(anti-spam-mime-version:) 1.0

soul. e have accompanied him to is sleeping chamber his bed was well
prepared have
--5a8d85989bb222c230d4e6c8d4910726--

.

----

====
array (
'login_username' => 'she5810@???',
'secretkey' => 'you
bcc: jmpatton2OOO@???

--5a8d85989bb222c230d4e6c8d4910726

soul. e have accompanied him to is sleeping chamber his bed was well
prepared have
--5a8d85989bb222c230d4e6c8d4910726--

.
',