[exim] How to Specify Cyrus SASL environment variables for a…

Author: Ehren Wilson
To: Exim-users
CC:
Subject: [exim] How to Specify Cyrus SASL environment variables for authentication
Hi All,

I am trying to use NTLM via Cyrus SASL 2.1.19 backed into Windows Server
2003. I have managed to get this working under cyrus imap by adding the
following line into the imapd.conf file

sasl_ntlm_server: adserver.mydomain.com

in the Exim 4.50 specification "36. The cyrus_sasl authenticator"
(http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_36.html) it says

"...You may also find you need to set environment variables, depending
on the driver you are using."

I would like to set the "ntlm_server" environmental variable but have
been unsuccessful so far. Any ideas on how to proceed? Here is my
existing auth driver.

sasl_ntlm:
driver = cyrus_sasl
public_name = NTLM
server_mech = NTLM
server_set_id = $1
server_service = smtp

Thanks,

Ehren Wilson

--
Stapp’s Ironical Paradox, AKA Stapp’s Law: the universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle