Re: [exim] Re: HELO verification

Author: Jerry Stuckle
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: HELO verification
Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Quoting Jerry Stuckle:
>

>>I appreciate your concern. However, you do not understand my company,
>>my needs or my situation. Please do not think to advise me as to what I
>>should or should not do.
>

> Nobody is doing that, but still everybody is allowed to express his
> opinion. If you see this as an insult on your sapience, you probably
> should not ask on public lists; there are surely lots of people that'll
> tell you only what you like for a few bucks. Unless you ante up some
> money for the people on the list, you are not in the position to tell
> anybody here to do anything.

Jakob,

I'm sorry. Yes, they are. I was not asking for advice as to whether or not I
should block other countries. I was asking how to do it should I do so.

And I ask questions on all kinds of public lists. I have no desire to pay for
advice which I neither want nor need.

Reminds me of a lot of consultants I ran into when I was an IT consultant. They
knew what the customer needed better than the customer. I made a fair amount
of money cleaning up after these consultants.

>>CEO. It is a small company which has only a local clientelle. We have
>>no clients outside the local area, and no distributors outside the
>>United States.
>

> With this attitude, this will not change.

Again, you know nothing about me, my company nor even what line of business I am
in. Yet you already know how much my company will grow. This is the ultimate
in arrogance, IMHO.

And for your information, I don't need to grow out of the immediate area. In
fact, if it were to grow to its maximum possibility in this area it would be
larger than I wish. I don't want to own a company with 500+ employees.

For your information, we are ahead of our targets in every area. And I suspect
it is already much bigger than any company you own.

>>Despite the filters in place, we still get a significant amount of
>>spam. Some people get up to 50 spams per day, even with the filters in
>>place.
>

> So your filters are not good. Blocking countries will not solve your
> problems.

Our filters are good. But we need them better. And it is up to determine what
will help us. And yes, blocking countries will stop spam being routed through
those countries.

Please - stick with what you know. Don't attempt to advise people on things you
don't know anything about. Only idiots do that.