[exim] Problem routing dependent upon a whitelist

Author: Steve Cox
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Problem routing dependent upon a whitelist
Hi,

I'm trying to write a router that will catch all emails NOT to OR from an email address on a white-list. I'm using a router rather than an ACL as I don't want Exim responding with a 500 error to the sender connection. Rather, just have Exim dump the email with a '/dev/null' transport (I'm writing an database email archiving tool for specific users).

The router definition is:

nonwhitelist:
debug_print = "R: not white-listed for sender or recipient"
driver = accept
senders = ! lsearch;/etc/exim4/local_MM_whitelist
condition = ! ${if eq {$local_part@$domain}{lsearch;/etc/exim4/local_MM_whitelist}{1}{0}}
transport = dump_mail
no_more

If the sender is on the whitelist, it works fine - but the condition to pick up the recipient - 'condition = ...' - always causes the email to be matched and dumped. (the whitelist is in ;/etc/exim4/local_MM_whitelist).

Any thoughts welcome.

--

Steve Cox

tel: +44 (0)20 7059 6212
fax: +44 (0)20 7059 6101

www.mergermarket.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you have received this email in error please destroy it and contact the sender, via our switchboard on +44 (0)20 7059 6100 or via return e-mail. You should not copy, forward or use the contents, attachments or information in any way. Any unauthorised use or disclosure may be unlawful. Mergermarket Ltd gives no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of this email after it is sent over the Internet and accepts no responsibility for changes made after it was sent. Any opinion expressed in this email may be personal to the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of Mergermarket or its affiliates. They may also be subject to change without notice.
Mergermarket Ltd, Registered office 91 Brick Lane, London E1 6QL Registered number 3879547 England