Re: [exim] Re: greylisting builtin to exim?

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Jason L Tibbitts III
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: greylisting builtin to exim?
On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 20:58 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> DW> http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/acl-greylist has such an
> DW> example, although it's not wonderfully pretty.
>
> I don't think it looks all that bad, but I wonder if you see any
> performance hit from using plain text files? I suppose next to
> spamassassin it can't be that bad.

I haven't measured, but I haven't noticed either. I don't actually end
up greylisting that much mail -- much of it just gets rejected, and much
of the rest either isn't suspicious enough to be greylisted or is from a
known resender.

But yes, I _really_ ought to switch it to use sqlite, or at least
occasionally compact the known-resenders list into a cdb. If performance
is a concern, there are definitely ways to improve it.

--
dwmw2