Re: [exim] forward

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Hugo Osorio
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] forward
On 2006-03-21 at 18:05 -0500, Hugo Osorio wrote:
> also i know that i have to issue the command
> #exim4 -bf /path/.forward
> or -bF for to be real
>
> i have tried it but nothing happens... as soon as put the command, it stays
> forever, without giving to me the shell again..

You need to supply the test email message that you want filtered to the
process on its stdin; stdin is Unix for STanDard INput, which for a
program run normally is the terminal window in which you're typing. You
use the shell to redirect the stdin to be from another file or process.

> how can i make this test?

If the test message is in a file "test-mail.msg", then:
# exim4 -bt /path/.forward < test-mail.msg

If you don't use a redirection such as "<", then just type the mail in,
or cut&paste it.

Regards,
-Phil