[exim] Compiling 4.60 under SCO OpenServer 6: ld: Illegal op…

Autor: Frank S. Bernhardt
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: [exim] Compiling 4.60 under SCO OpenServer 6: ld: Illegal option -- 8
Greetings

I've just set up a new SCO OpenServer 6 machine and am trying to compile
EXIM 4.60.

Under previous versions of the OS I've used the gnu development system
(gcc, gmake, bison, etc.) but this release apparently comes with make,
cc, ld, etc. although the actual development system (whatever that
contains) can also be installed.

After doing the initial Local directory configuration I run:

make makefile
make

the make reports:

cc buildconfig.c
UX:ls: ERROR: Illegal option -- 8
UX:ld: TO FIX: usage: ld [-abmrstvGV] [-defholuyzBILMR argument] file(s)

On my linux box I looked at the man page for ld but nowhere does it
mention an option 8.

So, what have I done wrong and does anyone have any suggestions on what
I should do next?

Please remember, I'm not a C programmer.

Thanks.

begin:vcard
fn:Frank Bernhardt
n:Bernhardt;Frank
org:b.c.s.i.
adr:;;14 Halton Court;Markham;ON;L3P 6R3;Canada
email;internet:frank@???
title:President
tel;work:905-471-1691
tel;fax:905-471-3016