Re: [exim] Delivering mail for one user on two hosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: Jan-Piet Mens
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Delivering mail for one user on two hosts
Jan-Piet Mens wrote:

>>  driver = redirect
>>  data = ${quote_local_part:$local_part}@???,\
>>         ${quote_local_part:$local_part}@???
> If the original message were addressed to two recipients that would
> probably result in two distinct messages being routed to b.example.com
> right?

routed yes, but not transported, I'd say. The exim spec says:

> If a message contains a number of different addresses, all those with the same
> characteristics (for example, the same envelope sender) that resolve to the
> same set of hosts, in the same order, are sent in a single SMTP transaction,

But you should test it if you want to rely on it.

> Actually mail for these users is delivered to a central hub in Europe
> and I have to then forward these messages to the remote destinations
> keeping a copy of the message on the mail hub.

So a.example.com is the same host as example.com and you want to get a
copy on this host? You should have said that from the beginning. Then
it's better to use a simple router, with unseen, for a local transport.
Don't forget to set the return_path or errors_to option. There are lots
of examples in the list archive and the wiki.