Re: [exim] Enabling Filters

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Michael Haardt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Enabling Filters
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:01:40PM +1100, DOODS wrote:
> I just created a script for filtering emails for one domain. However, I
> don't know how to enable it and where to save that file. I'm running Exim
> with MySQL DB. I have been reading the manual and I can't see (at least
> just yet) the answers I am looking for.

In Exim, user filters are kind of intelligent forwards. You need
a redirect router that processes the mail, and may generate new
addresses (or none, if the mail should be discarded).

You can store the script in your DB and use the "data" statement
of the redirect router with a MySQL lookup to retrieve it. Don't
forget to set "allow_filter", and to define transports for files,
if the script should be able to file mails.

I use this at home:

localuser_verify:
driver = accept
domains = +userdomains
local_part_suffix = "-*"
local_part_suffix_optional
check_local_user
require_files = $home/.forward
verify_only = true

localuser_deliver:
driver = redirect
domains = +userdomains
local_part_suffix = "-*"
local_part_suffix_optional
check_local_user
require_files = $home/.forward
file = $home/.forward
check_ancestor
allow_filter
file_transport = localuser
# no verify, because checks would be done with SMTP privileges
verify = false

Instead of retrieving the filter by "data", Exim takes it from "file",
that's why I have two routers. With filters in MySQL, you don't need
that. In the above setup, not using a ".forward" file expresses the
desire not to get any mail.

Michael