Re: [exim] Newby: Local web server, local relay server, remo…

Author: Joseph Okech
To: Marco Mescoli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Newby: Local web server, local relay server, remote mailbox
Marco,

Have the following settings on your exim.conf and make sure your system's
command 'uname -ra' does not return mydomain.com anywhere but
www.mydomain.com

###### MAIN ########

primary_hostname = www.mydomain.com
domainlist local_domains = @ : localhost

###### ROUTERS ########

routed_domains_over_smtp:
        driver =  manualroute
        no_check_local_user
        domains = ! +local_domains
        route_data =${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/routed_domains}}
        transport = remote_smtp
        ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8

Make sure mydomain.com is in the relay domains, and have an entry for routed
domains

#/etc/exim/routed_domains
mydomain.com:        xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx      #IP address of remote mail server

regards,
Okech