Re: [exim-dev] Changes for NetBSD 3

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Changes for NetBSD 3
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Michael Haardt wrote:

> I just tried building a recent snapshot on NetBSD 3.0 and it needs
> changed to the OS/* files.
>
> The macro HAVE_LOGIN_CAP is not good, because NetBSD offers login_cap.h,
> but with a different API. I suggest to call the macro HAVE_SETCLASSRESOURCES
> and to define a new macro for NetBSD 3 named HAVE_SETCLASSCONTEXT.

I have s/HAVE_LOGIN_CAP/HAVE_SETCLASSRESOURCES/ and committed the
changes to the CVS. I am about to make a release candidate for 4.61, so
I didn't want to do any more just at the moment.

> The OS/os.h-NetBSD file needs
>
> #define HAVE_SYS_STATVFS_H
>
> for 3.0 and OS/Makefile-NetBSD requires
>
>    -lutil

> to be added to LIBS. I haven't figured out yet how to use the new
> login class code so far.
>
> Should we create new files for NetBSD 3.0 or for the previous release?

Sounds like we need to create new OS/* files for NetBSD3, like we have
for SunOS4 and SunOS5 and the many IRIXes. There is already some special
processing for NetBSD near the bottom of scripts/os-type, so that's the
place to add code to detect NetBSD3.