Re: [exim] Blocking names in e-mailaddresses

Autor: Peter Velan
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Blocking names in e-mailaddresses
am 2006-03-15 17:43 schrieb Jens Strohschnitter:
>> > I want to block Mails not by the email-address, but by the name in the field
>> > "from:" such as "Doctor" <blabla(at)blablabla.net>.
>> > So for example any mail that contains "doctor" in the from-field and with any
>> > email-address should be rejected.
>> > Is it possible ? And how can I add it to the global.system.filter ?
>>
>> I have done it in ACLs:
>>
>> Place in "acl_smtp_data" section:
>>
>> # blacklist -- $h_from
>>
>> deny    message = $acl_m1 "${address:$h_From:}"
>>         set acl_m1 = ${lookup {${address:$h_From:}} \
>>                      nwildlsearch{/path_to_blacklists/h_from} }
>>         condition = ${if eq {$acl_m1} {} {no} {yes} }

>> ... and the file "/path_to_blacklists/h_from" looks like:

>> ^localpart@domain\.example$ : - locally blacklisted (header) address
>
> Hi
>
> I have replied to fast. I have added it to my exim.conf (exim 4.30) but
> nothing will be blocked.

Have you declared a "acl_smtp_data" section in your config?

> What should be entered to the /path_to_blacklists/h_from ?
> This should contain a list of names like doctor. For example the mailaddress
>
> "Doctor" blabla@???

This complete string is not an email address, only the part
"blabla@???" is one. Are you sure, you want to check any part of
header "from:", not only the email address?

If yes, then don't extract the email address from header, and let
nwildlsearch compare file content against the whole header string:

set acl_m1 = ${lookup {$h_From:} \
             nwildlsearch{/path_to_blacklists/h_from} }

> should be blocked. But only if "" contains doctor.
> What do I have to add to the blacklist ?

doctor : text you want to be reported along with the deny

HTH
Peter