Re: [exim] duplicate addresses detection

Author: Pavel Gulchouck
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] duplicate addresses detection
On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 02:12:58PM +0000, Philip Hazel writes:
>> Why exim does not inhibit duplicate messages delivering?

PH> It does under normal circumstances. Try a delivery using -d to see what
PH> the debugging tells you.

PH> In the procmail case, assuming you are routing both addresses to a pipe
PH> transport, from different local parts, there will be two deliveries. But
PH> if you are routing them from the same local part, there should not be.

PH> But as I say, the debug output should show you what is going on with
PH> your particular configuration.

Thanks, I found the reason in the debug. :)
While aliases expansion, hostname (hamster.itsinternet.net) was added
to a localpart, and it's different from primary mail domain
(itsinternet.net). So, after routing exim has two addresses:
gul@??? and gul@???, and do two
local deliveries to the gul mailbox. Setting qualify_domain to
itsinternet.net fixes the situation.

But this host has many local domains.
Is there any way for compare only localparts for local addresses
if local transport does not use domain part?

--
                                Lucky carrier,
                                                  Pavel.