Re: Finished/FAQ! (Re: [exim] aliases, :fail:, include text …

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Troy Engel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: Finished/FAQ! (Re: [exim] aliases, :fail:, include text from a file?)

On 12 Mar 2006, at 21:09, Troy Engel wrote:
> Maybe you could get this as a FAQ/cookbook entry? Lemme see if I
> can write it up...

may I make 2 or 3 observations?

> == snip ==
> Q: How can I send a nicely formatted auto-response email message to
> one time use ("tear off") email addresses, such as public job
> postings to mailing lists, websites, and the like?
>
> A: Assume you have a one time use email address such as
> "job-1234@???" in your aliases file; the position has been
> filled and you want to close the address.

this first paragraph of the answer is actually part of the question.
So:

Q: How can I send a nicely formatted auto-response email message to
one time use ("tear off") email addresses, such as public job
postings to mailing lists, websites, and the like?
If I have, for instance, a one time use email address such as
"job-1234@???" in my aliases file, but the job-123 position
has been filled and I want to close the address...

A: [starts with next paragraph]

> First, create two files in your /etc/mail/ (or otherwise
> appropriate location) directory; one will be a systemwide filter to
> handle the incoming closed job redirect, the other will be the text
> returned to the user.
>
>   jobfilter.txt: (systemwide filter)
>     # Exim filter
>     if error_message then finish endif
>     mail
>      subject "Job Closed: $h_to:"
>      from "do-not-reply@${qualify_domain}"
>      reply_to "do-not-reply@${qualify_domain}"
>      expand file "/etc/mail/jobmessage.txt"
>     seen finish

[...]

I do not see any measure to stop it from mailing mailing lists or
other message that should not be replied to. These can be taken from
standard autoresponder filters, but should be included in this filter
before it is published. Also, I would recommend that any of these
aliases have a lower spam threshold. Maybe I am too careful...

Giuliano